What a weekend! Hey my family. I had a very exciting last few weeks and I can finally tell you why. Mostly because I finally know why. For the last few weeks I have had the craziest time and thoughts and I did not know what it all meant. Two weeks ago in Stake High Council meeting our Stake President told us and the bishops that two weeks from then the Stake Presidency would be reorganized and that Richard G. Scott would be interviewing us to determine if we should be the next stake president. From that time on I have had many impressions that something would happen at that time with me and I did not know what to do. On the one hand I was very excited because I love serving the Lord and would be glad to do it. On the other hand I felt like I am not good enough to be the stake president or in the stake presidency and it could not be. On the other hand I felt bad for thinking I would like to be in the stake presidency because we should not seek after callings. So for the last two weeks every free moment I have been going over all this in my mind and not knowing what to do about it. It is all so much more complicated than this but this was the gist of it. Yesterday I was interviewed for about 5 minutes by Richard G Scott and F Micheal Watson a new general authority for the position of stake president. And Richard G Scott was super nice to me and so was Elder Watson and Elder Scott gave me a big hug at the end. So between my interview and all the feelings I had been having constantly for two weeks I thought I would receive a calling.
However I did not hear anything before our 3 pm Stake Priesthood executive meeting with Elder Scott and then during the hour after it before the 6 pm meeting I still did not hear anything. I figured they must have called someone else and I did not know what to think since I had had all these feelings that felt like the spirit for two weeks. Then about 5-10 minutes before the 6 pm meeting my stake president came up and told me to come with him. I was brought to a room with Elder Scott and a really nice guy named Micheal Price who was very new to the stake was there and he had been called to be the Stake President and I was called to be his second counselor. It was very exciting, scary but exciting.
So today in Stake Conference we met and the old presidency was released and the new presidency called. Then after the meeting we were set apart with our families in attendance. My President, Micheal Price was set apart by Elder Scott and President Rupper and President Kennedy (that's me) were set apart by F Micheal Watson, the former secretary to the first presidency and now a member of the first quorum of the seventy. We had some great training this morning by both of them as a new stake presidency and it was very beautiful and spiritual.
You would think it cannot get better but it did. After all the meetings I took the assignment to bring Elder Scott and Elder Watson to the airport. Their plane was leaving at 6 pm and it was 2:30 or so so I offered for them to come over to our house so they could rest there instead of at the airport. They accepted and came over. We had the nicest visit with them. Elder Watson liked my old tractor so much he snapped a picture of it and I took one of him on it. Then when Richard G Scott came in he immediately gathered Mark Johannah and Glo to him and played a drawing game where he would draw something and they had to guess before it was done. Then the kids and Larisa played music for the two general authorities and we took some pictures which you see above. At the end, just before they left Elder Scott showed Johannah and Glo how to make a cool paper airplane and the girls were so happy. He told them how beautiful they were, how smart Glo was, how great of playing the kids did and we had a wonderful time. I later took them to the airport and they left.
I have to tell you all, I have a strengthened testimony that God is over all the church. He directed this change and it did not have anything to do with human kind. I also know that the 12 are special witnesses and they do transmit the love of the savior because I have felt it just today.
Hope you liked the story.
Love,
John
No comments:
Post a Comment