Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Thoughts About John...

My favorite memory of John happened after my mission when I was lucky enough to go visit the Germany Kennedy's. That was a great trip. I saw things that I never thought I would get to see ie. the Mona Lisa, Paris, Stonehenge and a Shakespearean Play in England among many other amazing things. But, this memory has nothing to do with that stuff. One day John was talking to Larisa about this ceremony for one of his doctor friends where they were going to bless their house (they were Hindu). No one else really wanted to go or could go so John and I went alone. It was winter time and pretty cold. Their house had no heat or even carpet on the floor. Part of the ceremony was to boil and cook food in the house to represent health or something like that. Well because the house wasn't finished there was no electricity or gas to boil the water so they actually had to build a fire. Well after a long time there was no fire and a lot of smoke. We were all pretty freezing and didn't know what to do. John being the boy scout he is took a shot at building the fire. Well I am sure you can all guess what happened. Within a few minutes there was a fire blazing and we were all thankful. john's friend called him the Green Dragon because he was wearing green and when he blew on the fire it looked like he could breathe fire. It was pretty awesome to see John do that and made me really happy and proud of my big Bro. 

I love you John and you are a great brother. I am glad that I have been able to get to know you more in my adult hood. You are awesome!!! Love you!!  (Posted by Beth)

No comments:

Post a Comment