Yesterday, we had about 10 kids over to swim, eat pizza and hang out. Two of these kids were Mark's closest friends at camp, one was a girl from church who is an amazing violinist at the young age of 13, and the rest were brass players who are in ensembles and orchestras with Mark.
I signed them all out of camp, drove them to our house, watched them devour pizza and walked with them out to the lake. Have I mentioned how much I love swimming in lakes in Michigan? It's such a wonderful thing.
 |
| Duck Lake, a two-minute walk from our house |
When they came back, the seven brass players headed back to camp. However, Mark's friends, and Katelyn the violinist didn't want to go back to camp, and I was so glad to hear it. Their thinking was "why"? We had everything--good food, comfortable furniture, air conditioning, showers. They stayed and that's when the fun started.
Mark headed out back to our fire ring and built a glamorously amazing fire. After a Chubby Bunny demonstration by Mark, it was down to the task at hand--the six kids ate more s'mores than I thought was possible for them to eat.
 |
| Johannah, Megan, Grace, Katelyn and Mark |
 |
| Glo was around, but I have no idea why she's not in the photo! |
When they came back in and were talking about eating dinner at the cafeteria on campus, I told them they were welcome to stay. We didn't have anything but peanut butter and jelly. Turns out, after eating cafeteria food for five weeks, they were thrilled to eat PB&J's. Wow. I found some honeydew, chips, and for dessert, what better than Michigan homemade pie?? Glo kindly shared the last of her pumpkin pie. It was so much fun, talking to them and enjoying the day. I drove them back to camp, and actually drove them around so that they wouldn't have to walk to the different places they needed to be. I must admit, it felt so good being a mom again.
Sounds like a very fun day of water and sun and friends. Lucky!
ReplyDelete