
Today, I had the opportunity to play the first movement of Chichester Psalms by Leonard Bernstein with the Masters Singers at the PMEA Annual Festival. The Master Singers were invited along with one other choir to perform. Granted, I had rehearsed the piece with the Master Singers and Craig Jessop back in February, but to actually perform it? I was absolutely petrified.
Most of my life, I have major problems performing. There is always some disaster that is completely unexpected that throws me for a loop. Some mistake that I have never made before. I expect it, and it always happens. Today, however, I tried to expect the best. I knew the music, I was provided with a fantastic piano, and it all just came together. What a wonderful feeling! I CAN do this! Now, I need to take that confidence and use it with adjudication next Friday and the choral concert in two weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment