Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well, today I'm off to Washington DC to play for Caecilian Singers and OMA at adjudication.  I am hoping to play well (translation: perfectly), but rehearsals haven't been so promising.  I only got the music last week, and I haven't had a lot of time.  I would really be so proud of myself if I could do it.  I honestly need to channel some of that former confidence!

All of our plants are coming up.  It's lovely to see many of them returning.  For some reason, some of the red bud trees that I planted last year didn't survive.  It's funny how much I nourished them and took care of them, and last fall, they were thriving.  Something between then and now happened, and they didn't come back.  Part of the garden is planted:  lettuce, broccoli, strawberries.  I was too lazy to go out to the garden to look at it yesterday, so I just used Glo's binoculars :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's 9:18 a.m., and I just finished practicing. Things are going really well! Fingers feel good underneath me and on the keys. Now, I need to make my hotel reservation, pack my bag and REST MY BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two days later...I did it. I had a really good performance at adjudication, and I'm really thankful that it went so well. What a blessing it is to see some confidence returning. Plus, it was great fun to hang out with a bunch of teenagers all day. They make me feel young and treat me like a queen. They occasionally need my help which reminds me of the thing that I am best at: being a mother :-)

    ReplyDelete