Monday, June 8, 2009

The Audition


In class, my teacher, Miss Tomasko, announced that our school was going to have a talent show on Field Day.  I asked my friend, Pia, if she wanted to play a duet on our violins.  Pia is German, and she plays Suzuki violin.  She is very good.  We are in orchestra together and we sit first stand even though we are in fourth grade.

The night before the audition, we practiced together at Pia's house.  We decided to play Gavotte by P. Martini because Pia already had it memorized and I had the music for a duet.  I had never seen the music before, but I thought that I could learn it by the next day.  I actually learned it in 45 minutes.  When I went to Pia's to practice, the first time, we didn't do very well, because we didn't know how fast it was, and we weren't very good at playing together.  We practiced for about an hour and a half, and we got better as we kept on practicing.

Two days later, we had the audition.  It was in the music room.  The class voted who was the best act in our classroom.  There were two boys that did acrobatics.  Our class was supposed to vote for the top act.  The first time, we tied with the acrobat boys.  When the class revoted, the boys won OF COURSE because we have more boys in our class than girls.  I was disappointed that we didn't win.

We asked Mrs. Hartman if we could still be in the talent show because we had talent!  She asked Mrs. Nicholson if we could still play.  Just now, my mom got an email from Mrs. Hartman, telling us that we could still play. (Dictated by Glo to Mommy)


1 comment:

  1. Glo,

    You are the best in the class Glo and I would have voted for you and Pia even though I am a boy.


    Love,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete