Monday, June 8, 2009
Ethan's Ordination to Elder and receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood
Yesterday at church Ethan received the Melchizedek Priesthood and was ordained to be an Elder. It came upon us all kind of all of a sudden as Ethan leaves for his job as an Interlochen Arts Camp counselor on Saturday for 6 weeks, then he goes to college. I have not had time to tell anyone really how it felt to do the ordination as I have not had time but I will tell you now. Usually when I give a blessing I think thoughts ahead of time and during the blessing I often say what I feel is what the blessing should be. However with Ethan's ordination I had an interesting experience. I fasted and prayed to say the right things but I did not think about what I was going to say beforehand. Then when I started the blessing, an interesting thing happened. I felt like I was filled with words. I said the beginning with the conferral of the Melchizedek priesthood and I ordained Ethan to be an Elder and then I started saying things that just came to me. I had so many things come to my mind that I felt like it was going on too long and I was a little embarrassed as others were in the room and I felt like it was going on too long. Normally when I say the words I feel the spirit and feel emotional, but this was a special blessing in that I felt like the words were just passing through me and to Ethan without really impacting on me because they did not come from my mind. It was one of the first times I really felt more like a conduit for the blessing than a participant in the blessing. It was a beautiful and interesting experience and much of it was about Ethan being a missionary and serving others with love. But the specifics are kind of vague in my mind. I really feel like it came from Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment