




Man, alive! What a party! I see Mark in an entirely new light now. He is one of those (dare I say) popular kids. The whole night--"Mark, come over here", "I wanna be on Mark's team", "Mark, come and sing with us", "Mark, we need you on guitar."
Mark decided just last week that he wanted to have a "hang-out" party. No specific plans, just have friends over. As of the night before the party, only 9 kids were coming. Imagine my surprise (and thankfulness that I had bought extra food!) when over 20 kids showed up! There was 90 minutes of ultimate frisbee in the park, singing Disney songs around the piano (thank goodness for Mark's pianist friend, Desiree, who let me off the hook), Guitar Hero, making pizzas and a game of Capture the Flag. I was floored at the personal, wonderful gifts that Mark got, things just perfect for him that I would never think of nor buy him but that he loves. A personalized frisbee, Aviator glasses (with a request for Mark to beat box with them on which he granted), Brain Cube, a pitch pipe. When the last guest left at 1 a.m. (yes, 1 A.M.), I think we could all say that it had been a successful evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment