Friday, July 10, 2009

Lawn Decorating Competition





Hey, everybody! I hope you're all doing well at home. I'm still having an awesome time at Interlochen, and I wanted to share it with you guys.
Okay, so this morning we had a lawn Decorating competition between Unit Three, and our cabin went all out. Seriously, even if we don't win, (cuz we don't know yet), my kids put their hearts into this. I'll lead you on a virtual tour of the entire thing.
So in Photo One we have a miniature village built. This is complete with a temple, a wigwam, a longhouse, a tree of life, and a teepee. This is entirely self standing, with no tape, glue, or any other means of affixing the sticks together.
In Photo Two, we have our tributary altar to Michael J. Bear, who sits upon his throne. In some ways, this is also a memorial to Michael Jackson, Cabin Ten style, since Michael J. Bear was named after him.
Pay attention, cuz we're bringing the rain. TA DA!!!! Here we have a defying feat of gravity. Two sticks at ninety degree angles with one another, standing completely unsupported except at the base. Note the two different colors of the sticks, so you know that we aren't tricking you. The stick on top is completely balanced upon the other stick.
Finally, our identity is revealed through the large X that the campers built. We are Cabin X, and we will CONQUER!!!!

WE ARE SPARTA!!!!

Sorry, inside joke. Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Cheese (and Cabin X),

    That is AWESOME!!!! I have absolutely no idea where you gathered all of that fantastic wood. I know your kids see it as building material, but all I can see is FIRE!! What we would have given for all of that on our s'more-making nights :-)

    Your boys totally deserve to win! I can't imagine any cabin doing more than all that. And to think that they are some of the youngest boys. Just goes to show what a difference a GREAT leader makes (that means you, Cheese, in case you didn't get it :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we didn't win. It was too bad, and really dumb. Despite the fact that everyone (including the cabin that DID win) thought we were most deserving, we didn't win because we didn't encompass enough square footage. A group with two teepees built out of logs(which we had already done like two days ago), but which used a large area in front of their cabin, won. It was pretty ridiculous not going to lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect it had something to do with "sharing the wealth". Like I told you, adults like to make sure that everyone gets a piece of the glory pie. :-)

    ReplyDelete