Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Hide and Seek



I knew the Halloween season had officially arrived when our family played Halloween Hide 'n Seek the other night for FHE. This is a game devised by the master of all fun and spookiness. A man who lives for October 31. A man who has accumulated more Halloween decorations for our family than Christmas decorations. A man who is happiest when his life is threatened by some ghost or goblin. Yes, you know of whom I speak. J-O-H-N.

Here are the steps to play (say them with a Vincent Price voice in your head):

1. Turn on all Halloween decorations in your home. This, of course, assumes that you have multiple heads and hands that creep around the house. Floating skeleton and witch heads, Frankenstein, skulls with popping eyes. You name it.
2. Take a plastic hand (now who doesn't have one of those?) and shove a flashlight inside. Turn it on.

3. Turn off all lights in your home.

4. Those who aren't the "hand" should scatter throughout the house like rats while the "hand" counts to 50. Be careful not to set off the motion-sensitive decorations. It will give away your hiding place.

5. Wait for the terror! As you are hiding in pitch blackness, you will begin to see a glow coming towards you. As the hand rounds the corner, or opens the door, your heart will begin to pump faster. Even though you know that a person is holding the flashlight inside the plastic hand, your mind won't be able to get past the vision of a floating hand reaching towards you.

Muh-haa-haa-haa-haa-haa.....

2 comments:

  1. Mommy Aris has this game down perfectly in its directions and in its intent. I love this game. The other night when we were playing I was hiding in Ethan's Schrank, it was pitch black and I could hear spooky Halloween decorations going off, she was walking around speaking in a scary voice and I was sitting in the pitch blackness of a closed antique shrank. I could almost see Bloody Mary staring at me in the darkness. Then I heard the bedroom door creak open, and shuffling steps come toward the door, I could see and ethereal green glow approaching my hiding place and I realized the hand of glory had detected my presence and I was going to be touched by terror, as the schrank door slowly opened I looked up into the face of...AAARGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muahahahaha.....and though you'll fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver...for no mere mortal can resist...the evil of...the THRILLER!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete