Bobby is easily the closest friend I have at American, and I know I'm his closest friend here as well. It's a little crazy how we literally do everything together, and how close we've become. We have three classes together, and in two of them, College Writing and Understanding Music, our teachers know that we're always going to be sitting next to each other, that we're two guys who love to have fun and joke around. Today was the epitome of that.
So for Understanding Music the two of us are both some of the best students in the class, because we're musicians and know our stuff. We've been talking about Bach lately, and with Bach you have to talk about organ. So today we took a field trip to the National Presbyterian Church that is right down Wisconsin Ave. It has the fourth largest organ in Washington D.C., and the sound it made was truly impressive. Our professor, Professor Kang (she plays the piano incredibly well and is Asian, go figure) invited everyone to come up to see the organ. Bobby and I were the last ones to get up to the organ, because we had been sitting in the back, and by that point everyone was standing in front and we couldn't see. So we walked around and tried to find a good view, but couldn't get up onto the stand where all of the chairs and organ were, because of this five foot wall that was around the stand. Seeing Bobby standing there, I knew exactly what he was planning on doing. I said: "Don't do it!" and right then I looked up to see Professor Kang laughing at us. She knew exactly what we were planning, because she has seen the two of us and knows the kind of guys we are. This really wasn't pertinent to how close Bobby and I are, except just the recognition that our professor has for us. It's not like we've talked to her a lot or anything. However, she has seen the way we act together, and knows that because were so close, we'll always follow the other no matter what it is we're doing.
Ethan, that is so great that you and your roommate get along so well. That makes freshman year a joy! It's fun to read about your adventures! - Melanie
ReplyDeleteWhat exactly did you do??? Nothing embarrassing, I hope, SON!
ReplyDeleteNo, no, it's just that Bobby was definitely planning to jump over this wall in front of us, and I knew that he was going to. And if he would have, then I would have had to too, because we have to have each other's backs. But it was mostly funny because of the relationship that Bobby and I have with Professor Kang. First off, we love her as a teacher. Seriously, she makes things interesting and we listen to enough music that the class isn't as boring as it could be. But Bobby has fallen asleep twice in her class, and of course, guess who gets to wake him up, and keep him in line? So today we were going to listen to this organist who was there play an organ piece by Dupre, and he suggested that the best way to listen to the piece was to close our eyes and "just let the music flow over us." So Professor Kang, from the very front, turns around, looks right at Bobby, and says: "You're allowed to this time, Bobby!" Plus, she knows we can take it, and it's so much fun. Personally, I think she has a little, tiny thing for Bobby, but who knows?
ReplyDeleteCool Cheese, I am glad you have such a good friend. It sure means a lot to have a bud in college or at any time in your life.
ReplyDelete