All was dark, I was sleeping. I heard a voice say squehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbvc? Sorry Rang stepped on the keyboard. Hhhmmm, anyways; I heard a voice say "Squeeze your biceps and your arms." I squeezed. The voice said"Now release all that tension in your arms and picture it all coming out of your fingers." I imagined air whoosing out of my fingers and attaching itself to someone far away. The voice repeated what it had said and I repeated what I had done. The voice came again saying"Slowly inhale...breathe in...breathe in...slowly exhale. Slowly inhale again...breathein...breathe in... slowly exhale." I heard muffled laughter somewhere to the right of me. Then the voice commanded"Squeeze your legs and feet." I obeyed. The voice came again saying"Now release all that tension in your legs and imagine it coming out of your toes." I did so. The voice repeated and so did I. The darkness was nice, quiet now. My breathing slowed, my heart rate slowed, becoming a steady beat. I was drifting away. "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Suddenly light engulfed me, I opened my eyes and saw... my health classroom. Kids around me slowly crept to their feet and onto their chairs. I did the same. My health teacher,Mr.Hall, walked away from the lights and sat down at his desk. He started on the topic of anxiety. he told us that one of the best ways to calm anxiety was the exercise we had just done. He comically explained that before a performance or sports event, that wouldn't help. But confidence will. You need to be confident. Tell yourself that you can do it, you know you can. Mr. Hall kept on going. So, if you ever need some help with calming anxiety, visit Mr. Hall at PFMS and he'll point you in the right direction.
zzzz....zzzzz....oh sorry, I got so relaxed, reading Hannie's post. Awesome post, Hannah! Loved it!
ReplyDeleteOkay, when I started reading this, I thought Hannah was talking about Wii Fit! Doesn't this post sound like one of the exercises? Squeeze your legs and feet....good. Now lift your arms above your chest....good. I thought it was funny.
ReplyDelete