
Okay, my sweet Kennedy family,
M-Boo has joined our small group which we have allowed DESPITE the fact that her last name isn't Kennedy, and I don't think she speaks German :-) Yes, that's a picture of her with my dad when they both were a bit younger... This takes our members to a grand total of 7, unless you count all of the animal friends that we have. However, since they don't have opposable thumbs, I think it will just be the 7 of us contributing.
So, what is your favorite memory or favorite thing about M-Boo? You can't list anything that anybody else has listed unless it is in ADDITION to another thought. So, with that, I'll start because I know you are all thinking the same thing that I am.
M-Boo is a fantastic cook. Growing up, Sunday dinners were the best. The smells of her cooking would just fill the house. There was always Jell-O, biscuits and cake involved. Sometimes it was chicken and rice or stuffed peppers or even beef stroganoff (yes, with those chunky onions that I had to pick out), but my favorite was always M-Boo's fried chicken. My mouth is watering right now, just thinking about it. Also, her pies at Thanksgiving were to die for! Did you know that she used to win blue ribbons at county and state fairs for her dilly bread and strawberry jam? She would actually braid the bread, an amazing feat to me considering I can't even make a loaf of white. She always won with her jelly because it didn't have any foam on the top. But of course, the greatest accomplishment (and one that I cannot replicate) is her gravy. It's just perfect. Light brown, no lumps, not watery at all and perfect amount of flavor. Besides having it on Thanksgiving, the best time to eat it was the next day on leftovers. A few seconds in the microwave and it was perfect all over again.
I could go on, but I need to go eat lunch :-)
The tire swing she used to have was perfect! It was the perfect height. It is still there where the tree used to be. I think M-boo should put the tire swing on another tree. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great. M-boo put it on the perfect tree and it went really high and fast. That's what I like about M-boo and her house with many more good things!
ReplyDeleteFor me, the thing I love the thing about M-Boo is all the relaxation time we have at her house. At home, we're ALWAYS going. Whether it be to a lesson, church, dinner, or working in the garden, we always have something to do. When we're at M-Boo's house, it's always so peaceful and relaxing. There is no issue with my reading a book for two and a half hours.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of books, that's another thing I love. Her house is LOADED with a ton of books! Usually, she has the newest Clive Cussler, which is great, and tons of other interesting books, whether they're about history or some interesting part of the world.