Friday, June 18, 2010

Not Ready to Leave

Today was our last official day in Utah--we leave tomorrow after Mark's concerts. I haven't gotten half the stuff I wanted to get done, done, and I've done more than I ever thought possible.

We have loved every minute here. Despite Glo and I both being sick for a short time through the week, we have felt wonderfully relaxed as a family. Too, I'm starting to feel like the Byingtons' house is our own :-)

Today we headed out to Willard Bay, north of Salt Lake City and Ogden. Our good friend, Spence, took us out in his parents' boat (he sold his just last week and misses it terribly). None of my kids has ever been water skiing, and he was willing to give up his last day in Utah trying to teach my kids. The water was freezing due to a cold spring, but that didn't stop anybody. Johannah and Glo gave it all they had but couldn't get all the way up on the skis. Johannah especially was disappointed. Ethan, however, got up several times and loved every minute of it. For me, the best part was sitting in the boat (I have always loved being on the water) and feeling the penetrating, healing rays of the alpine sun. Seriously, it felt so good to be hot, for once! Spencer was AMAZING on the skis even though he missed his awesome boat. If I could have worked it, I would have put Ethan's face on Spence's body...








We were exhausted when we came home, and have spent this evening cleaning the house and packing our bags. I'm just not ready to leave--not ready to leave the mountains, not ready to leave Joey, not ready to leave Mike and Katrina and family, not ready to leave my son. I'm looking forward to next week with mixed emotions--we will leave for Interlochen which is the highlight of my year, but we will be dropping off Ethan at the MTC too. Deep breaths...

3 comments:

  1. Hope the drive goes well. My kids spent the drive home from BYU making plans for next summer. They were talking about going to your house or going to EFY together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Let's make plans that DON'T involve 30 hours of straight driving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay the Kennedy Cousin Camp!! The KCC! That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete