Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Great Christmas Gift....

I always joked that when I finally got the vehicle of my dreams (which I did this past spring when my Volvo arrived from Germany), I would get a custom license plate to go with it.  Well, John remembered that this Christmas....


I love it!  Of course, you have to have lived in the Eifel region of Germany to get it.  The informal, fast way to say "goodbye" in Germany is "tschuess" (like "choose" but with a short "s" on the end).  The Eifel however has their own accent and dialect.  The way to say it in the Eifel is by taking off the ending "s" and extending that "ue".  It's very cute to have it on the back of my car, and I smile every time I see it.

As a post script, John did try and get "DANKBAR" on the license plate, meaning "thankful" which I am everyday for my car.  However, the word BAR is banned from any and all PA license plates :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment