I texted Anna back today when she texted me to thank me for our Christmas card. I told her that just about everything I have done this week has been with either her or Ethan in mind. Today, I remembered one more moment of our New York trip that I wanted to record.When Anna took us back to her dorm, we had to pass through quite a bit of security. When we got to the final desk before we could actually go into her room, we were told that we had too many people. Only three people were allowed, and I didn't have a problem with that. I've always been one to keep the rules, despite any inconvenience on my part. Well Anna wasn't having any of that! There were four of us, and she was determined to get us all back to her room. She literally looked at the guard, smiled and said, "Oh please, please, please." He said "no". Again, "oh please, please, please." He again said, "no" and added "I'll get in trouble with my supervisor if he comes back and sees how many people I let go through." I was turning to sit down in the foyer. Again, she said, "Pleeeeeeease....."
"Fine. Let me have your IDs."
That girl has a way of getting just about anything that she wants! Taxis, admittance into dorms, you name it!
Oh, how I wish that was always the case! Seriously, we really did just get lucky that night.. not only once, but twice!
ReplyDelete