Monday, June 27, 2011

Just press RESET

I have a Mac Clean-Up software program for all the computers in our home.  When I run the program, it gets rid of any extra "things" that my computer doesn't need it anymore.  It resets programs that aren't running well.  It basically makes it so that my computers are running at peak efficiency.

Interlochen is the clean-up software for my soul.  When I come here, I am able to get rid of extra worries that I don't need to think about anymore.  I reset a mind that has become full of a lot of extra junk.  When I leave here, I feel as though I'm ready to head back out into the real world, energized, with the correct priorities.

What things worry me at home?

  • finances
  • the garden
  • the yard
  • the dogs
  • dust
  • driving
  • church responsibilities
  • school
  • what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
  • gas expenses
What things worry me at Interlochen?
  • jacket, fleece, or vest?
  • biking distance to and from concerts
  • what time does the cafeteria close?
I can't think of anything else.  That's it.  When I come here, I concentrate on only a few things.  

My family. My family's happiness.  Music.  Love for the aforementioned items.  

Even now that I have a job, I get to work with kids and friendly ladies and while sitting at my desk, I listen to the blue jays squawking in the trees, I feel the lake breeze blow through the screened front door, and I rejoice in the cacophony of noise created from musical instruments that surrounds me.

As I've said before, I'm thankful for the opportunity to come here.  To clean out the cobwebs in my mind.  To press RESET.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve it mommy Aris. We love you and are glad you can reset.

    ReplyDelete