Sunday, June 19, 2011

Kennedy Kousin Kamp--Final Day

I must admit that I woke Saturday with a feeling of sadness.  The trip almost felt like a dream.  We donned our t-shirts from the night before, headed for a quick lunch at Boston Market, and went our separate ways.  There were some tears, some laughs, and some promises to see each other soon.  For me, it took me dropping off the kids at LaGuardia and driving away to realize what a sweet time we had had together.  I hope that they will remember the lessons I tried to teach them in the nicest way possible.  I hope too that I will remember all their quirks--little things that remind me of their parents, or that make me smile because it's something unique to them.  I'm thankful for the kids for allowing me into their lives, I'm thankful for the dads who made the money to make it all possible, and I'm thankful everything went smoothly.  It was a pure joy.  (Click on the photos to see them full size)











Smiley Kailee



Thanks, Glo, for including me in one photo from the trip.  xoxo


3 comments:

  1. On Saturday it didn't really hit me that it was our last day. Only when we were at the airport did it really hit me.I am so sad it's over:( I had so much fun. Thank you soooooo much.
    kailee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What FABULOUS photos! New York City has so many FUN adventures.. Kudos to you, Larisa, for organizing, coordinating and navigating nine kids through the chaos found in the big city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! Thanks to mommy Aris for making it happen and for taking such good care of the kids!! Thanks to the parents for sending their kids! My family loved the whole trip! You guys ate awesome.

    ReplyDelete