
The temperature was low.
The sky was overcast.
The wind, it did blow.
I was in my pajamas,
but they weren't enough.
My hands were blue
along with some other stuff.
My fleece was upstairs
as was any sweatshirt I own.
Just thinking of stairs,
I started to moan.
Then as I turned
to begin the ascent,
I caught a glimpse of a gift,
Heaven sent.
There in the office
glowed the word "Juilliard".
My day it seemed then,
wasn't going to be quite so hard.
I put it on
and felt all the love
that was sent from Ethan's Sunshine girl
who put me above
all of the other things
that she had to do.
Practicing, shopping,
and working. Whew!
So I sent her this pic
with love and much more.
Thank you, Anna, for thinking of me.
It's you, today, that I adore.
(sent to Anna on September 9, 2010)
Coming back and re-reading this poem makes me so happy. I'm so glad you like the hoodie, and I hope it keeps you warm on cold days. I love you, Larisa!
ReplyDelete