Yesterday, our family received something very interesting in the mail.
Do you know what it is? I had absolutely no idea until John told me that our friend, David Lee, had sent it to us.It's a PADI open water diver manual (along with some other "stuff"). Man, this is like mind-blowing exciting!
A few posts down, you will remember that David showed John and the kids how to scuba dive in his swimming pool. We told him that we were really interested, especially seeing how well the kids took to it. We even talked about going on a diving trip with him.
Well guess what? He took us at our word!
I opened the set of books and saw "Dive Planner". Ignorantly, I had never thought about planning a dive. I thought I could just fall backwards off the boat and swim around. Yeah, I'm going to have a lot of studying to do! However, I can't wait.
As soon as the foot is healed, we're signing up for a class and hopefully be diving in beautiful waters come springtime. Woot!
That sounds very cool! We want to get certified too so you'll have to let us know how it goes.
ReplyDelete