
I can't believe my baby is turning eleven! The life and times of Glo are definitely passing by too fast for me.
I remember when Glo wasn't even a thought in my mind, and I was talking to someone about having children. She suggested that a mother could pray for qualities that she wanted in her child. She had seen it happen with friends of hers. At the time, I had three very serious and quiet children. I had absolutely no complaints, but I had seen other children that could just bring a smile to anyone's face. Knowing that Glo would probably be my last baby, I prayed to Heavenly Father that I would have a baby that would make me smile. Heavenly Father answered my prayers with Glo.
She makes all of us smile. I can remember when she was little and she would mispronounce all kinds of words, or even just make up her own word if she didn't know what something was called. "Jumpoline" for trampoline, "ridercycle" for a motorcycle, "swimming cool" for a swimming pool. We never wanted to correct her, because we didn't want her to change.
Her name too seems to draw people to her. She was named for my maternal grandmother, Gloria Glover. People are never quite sure what "Glo" stands for, or why in the world I would name my girl "Glo", but they love to say her name. When I pick up Glo from school, it's like running the gauntlet of kids yelling "hi Glo" from the left and right. Kids love Glo. Babies especially love to smile at Glo, and she loves babies.
Glo has friends just like her. Smart, funny, quick-witted girls.
I don't know if it's Glo's personality, or because she is my youngest, but she still loves to crawl into bed with me in the morning. She always has thoughts to share with me, or she likes to review the plans for the day. Yesterday, she first texted me in the morning from her bed, I think to find out if I was awake or not. Here's that conversation:
Glo: It's my birthday!!!!
Me: Happy birthday, girlie!
Glo: Thank you, Mommy.
Me: Do you think we should do something fun today? Like open presents? Or have some cake? Or go to a movie?
Glo: Totally. I'm with you.
Then, she came in and crawled into bed next to me.
This year, she made a short list of gifts that she wanted and left it on the refrigerator door.
Finally, at the end of the day and before the sun went down, I couldn't resist taking a photo of Glo and Dash. Technically, he's not her dog (Cherry is), but being regaled in their Michigan finery, I could hardly resist the two of them together.

Happy Birthday, Glo!
Yup, Glo is a cutie! I remember when she was a baby and we had the black rose skull, it is a halloween decoration that is a skull with 4 black roses coming out of the top, you push a button and it plays a jazzy version of the funeral march. We would play it and glo would dance around to the music. I also remember her saying Wholetel instead of Hotel. for some reason, going to the Wholetel, to swim in the Swimming Cool was so cute. We love you Glo.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to such a cute girl!!
ReplyDelete