Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Last Gross Photo, I Promise!

So today is a good day. I'm thankful for good days, because I haven't had a lot of them over the last few months.

I headed in a week early to see if I could get my stitches removed (you know, from my surgery last Monday). I had a nice early appointment at 8:15 which is always good with those darn doctors, but even then I waited 45 minutes. This normally wouldn't be a problem because I don't have a life anymore, but it just so happened that I had a rehearsal at 9:10. I was stressed out about being late to the rehearsal, so when anyone came in, I kept them moving!

The skin looked good, and some random "assistant" took the stitches out in about 20 seconds. She steri-stripped the incision and told me to let them fall off by themselves (knowing John, he's going to be taking those things off ASAP).

Then, the best news I've gotten in weeks. The PA came in and said that I can start weaning myself off the scooter and the boot. Just typing this, I'm starting to cry. I've been so tied down for what seems like forever, that I just can't imagine not having all of the mess that I have had. What a morning it will be tomorrow, when I can actually walk into the shower instead of crawling into it like I've been doing for the past two months.

It's a slow process. It will last over six weeks, but I don't care. I'm just so happy. In fact, I kept starting to tear up driving home, but I reminded myself that I need my contacts clear for the concert tonight, or I won't be able to see the music. Heavens knows, I don't want to wear my glasses on stage either, knowing that I'm already going to be wearing the boot and limping. At least I'll be wearing the traditional black. Maybe nobody will notice :-)

Anyway, my foot still turns blue within seconds and swells easily and I have no feeling up the side of my leg nor in my pinky toe. Per my vanity, I think it looks like an old person's foot. However, I'm doing my best to love it for what it's been through, and I'm getting better about actually touching it again (it helps that I can't feel that big ol' pin sticking out anymore!)

No comments:

Post a Comment