With our new pond, John has found his own minion. I'm not saying that John is a villain, but he does ask some pretty crazy things of his one (and only) pond minion.
Lucky Glo.
A couple of weeks ago, I came outside and saw this.
After several new fish deaths, John had decided that it was time to bring the goldfish in. After all, they were almost double in size, and although they are supposed to hibernate at the bottom of the pond for the winter, ours weren't faring so well.
Yes, Glo had taken off most of her clothes, donned her smallest pajama shorts and headed into the pond to fish out the fish. John had bought her a teeny tiny aquarium net which would usually pose problems, but because the fish were half asleep, she was able to get them out easily. Looking in John's bucket, Glo's attempts were successful.
Thankfully, it was a sunny day and Glo didn't mind going in the pond so much.
After counting (and looking in the pond some more), Glo knew that one fish was still alive and hiding. We spent the next couple of weeks looking for it. Then, Saturday, it was spotted, and John wasn't going to let the opportunity pass by. Mind you, it was now 20 degrees colder outside than it was before.

Glo tried and tried, but the fish was still too fast. The next thing I know (while taking the pictures), Glo hopped out of the pond and ran in, yelling back to John, "Daddy, it's just too cold!"

I should have remembered that my family never ceases to amaze me with their antics. No sooner had I turned myself (and the camera) back around, then I saw this:

And this:

And finally, this:

Who's the minion now, BABY??!!
Okay, now that is really funny!
ReplyDeleteI've read this three times now and it still makes me laugh!
ReplyDelete