Thursday, January 13, 2011

Man, I'm Tired

I don't know what it is, but life has been crazy busy lately.  I know, I know.  It's really always that way around here, but this is getting out of control.

Last Friday, I was asked to host a surprise birthday party for a friend.  If you know me, you know if was no small feat (and again, I'm thankful for John's strong earning potential to pay for the darn thing....)  That day alone, I was on my feet 12+ hours--not ideal for me yet.  My ankle swelled up terribly, and when I went to my therapy appointment on Monday, I was disappointed to hear that it was the day for my reevaluation.  Turns out, my ankle was bigger than it had been in October after my second surgery.  Yikes!

Then, Mark has two audition CD's due this month, one at the end of this week.  We've spent several hours trying to get that ready.  Of course, with that goes the labeling and sending.

Naturally, I couldn't forget my missionary either who turns 20 in two weeks.  A big old package was sent off to Poland yesterday.

Besides being ward organist and Sunday School teacher, I'm the only one from a previous Stake Primary presidency that wasn't released last month.  Somebody (that would be me) came up with the great idea a couple of years ago to copy all of the year's Primary songs onto CDs for the stake.  In the past, this has meant around 100 CDs to copy, label and send out.  This year?  171!

Add in the several inches of snow we've gotten, Mark leaving for PMEA this week, and helping Johannah and Gloria get in their 1-2 hours of practicing a day, and I'm exhausted.

Just this morning, I was up with Hannah at 6 a.m. to get her ready for seminary (as I do every morning), but because Mark's not home (he's at PMEA), I had to drive her to seminary (20 minutes one way).  Then it was back home to get Glo ready for school (I had to wake her up late so no practicing this morning--she was probably relieved), and drive her because she couldn't get ready in 7 minutes to catch the bus (what's up with that?)  As soon as I got home, I saw her homework folder on the counter.  It was back to the middle school again, walking into the front office with my Mickey Mouse pajamas bottoms, slippers and Mark's hoodie (my family members know what that's for!).

Today, I have two more hours of therapy, dropping off the 171 CDs (and printing up a new stake roster), sending in the first audition CD and catching up on mountains of laundry.  Maybe we'll have cereal for dinner tonight.

Man, I'm tired!

3 comments:

  1. What a crazy life! I hope things start to calm down for you soon, but knowing your family I would guess life will be more of the same busyness for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!! You really keep your composure together, given everything you have needed to accomplish. Way to go. Everything will be calm again soon (hopefully!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think Jan. will be slow and it never is...reading your post made me tired!!! :)

    ReplyDelete