Sunday, February 20, 2011

Drivin', drivin', drivin', keep them dogies drivin'....

Wow!  What a fantastic time Mark and I had in Ann Arbor.  Seriously, things couldn't have gone better.  Here are a couple of thoughts.

People think I'm crazy for the amount of driving I do for my kids.  This is probably true--I am crazy.  However, I like to drive (compliments of lovely, long car rides with my grandparents in my childhood) and I love my kids, so it's not usually any problem for me.

Mark had been out late the night before we left for the University of MIchigan, and he still went to Seminary Thursday morning.  So, by the time we left at 9:00 a.m., he was pretty tired.  He spent 2 hours practicing his music for Regional Chorus this next week, and then closed the folder.  He was telling me how much he loves me (he does this many times a day) by "purring" up to me and telling me he loves me and how perfect I am, all in an Italian accent.  30 seconds later, he was fast asleep, still on my shoulder.

Ever since he was a baby, he's had no problem falling asleep anywhere, anytime the opportunity presents itself.  Knowing this, I figured he would stay in that position for a while.  Feeling rather bored with 4 more hours of driving, I decided to entertain myself by taking pictures.

It took me about 8 tries to get this picture with both of us in it.  Notice Mark's left eye, halfway open.  He always sleeps like this--rather creepy if you ask me!

After 30 minutes, we went over a bump and instead of waking up, he rolled over into his own seat.


For the next two hours, this is basically what I saw.  I didn't mind because there were no snowflakes, no ice, and the standard number of cops.

I was pretty happy when the scenery changed to this!

Even happier that the speed limit changed!


Trying to keep myself awake, I tried the John standard of staying awake:  eating.  That didn't work too well when Jellybellies went spilling all over the floor.  The amazing thing is that I got a photo of that too!


Finally, Mark woke up.  This is how happy he looks after a two hour nap.  
I think he should at least be smiling!


To get him out of the 2-hour-nap "funk", I put on some music.


An appropriate song choice, don't you think?  "Misery" by Maroon 5.  It seems that it is becoming our family theme song!

1 comment: