Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Very Happy Day Indeed!

What a blessing!  Today was a great day--exactly what I would have asked for, had I thought to ask.

2-hour school delay.  Need I say more?

The birthday season has begun!  Birthdays are super-duper important days to me, and I appreciate any and all gifts, cards and thoughtful gestures.  Seriously.

Good therapy appointment.  I haven't done any of my exercises for the past six days (understandably), and my ankle has lost most of its mobility.  Man, it felt good to work out the kinks.

Birthday lunch with a dear friend.  I am so thankful for my friend, Katherine.  She and I have made it a habit to have lunch together every couple of weeks.  We trade off, footing the bill.  We end up leaving a rather large tip because we stay at the table long after we are done eating.







She brought me tulips, one of my favorite flowers.  No sooner had I put them in water at home then they began opening.  Ahhh, spring.




A box from Ethan.  It was so big, I could hardly pull it back out of our large mailbox.  It was full of all things Ethan.  His journal (being sent on tomorrow), his appointment books, ties, scarves and all of the letters he's received since he moved to Poland.  It was so good to see his handwriting and to think that he had touched all of the goodies just two weeks ago.

New luggage!  John refuses to pay to check bags on our trip to the Caribbean, so we did some research and found the perfect bag for each of us.  Lifetime guarantee, baby!  All four large boxes were resting on our bench down by the mailbox.







New shoes for Mark.  I figured he deserved them after finishing up auditions.  Combined with the scarf Ethan sent him, he was quite "the man"!

1 comment: