Thursday, February 24, 2011
Interlochen, here we come!
Man, I can't even go into the details (nor do I want to) about the stress and agony of trying to secure a job at Interlochen this summer. However, as of yesterday, I am scheduled to be a full-time employee at camp this summer! Woot! This means the kids can be "day campers" and live with me, and I won't need to sneak Mark off the campus anymore. Big, big tuition discount. I also secured the house that we rented last year--it's like living in a Pottery Barn catalog :-) Just one more word that says it all: BIKES!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad it all worked out - sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to finally see, hear and experience "the magic" that I've heard about for so long!!
ReplyDeleteSo I will comment on the process it required to get a job. Larisa submitted her application last year in November. WE just found out last week after about a hundred phone calls, 50 e mails and one haranguing of Larisa by the person in charge of summer employment at Interlochen. Very stressful and upsetting, all for a job that pays about 1000 dollars for 6 weeks, but we get to stay in Interlochen, totally awesome!
ReplyDelete