Tonight's "Performance Today" is featuring Interlochen's World Youth Symphony Orchestra, and their performance of Ottorino Respighi's Pines of Rome from last summer. Mark was the assistant first horn for the concert, and he tells me that he played all of the horn solos in the fourth movement.It's already up for listening if you have time (and will be there for 7 days). The Interlochen segment actually takes up the last 30 minutes of the first hour, so just go to that point if you want to hear it all. Mark's actual big part kicks in around 53:50. It'll give you a good idea of the music the kids make at camp. So exciting for Mark!
http://performancetoday.publicradio.org/
Anna Hoopes (violist extraordinaire) said:
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! Geez, I was just sitting here listening to it in the room, and Alexandra (apparently listening in..) asked what orchestra I was listening to. When I responded, she could hardly believe that it was the Interlochen Orchestra! Now I can hardly wait to hear the orchestra LIVE! Woah, I bet that will be incredible.
We are both so excited for Mark!!! Tell him that his horn parts sounded FANTASTIC! Three cheers for Mark!