As a thank you gift for taking the Kennedy cousins to Kennedy Kousin Kamp, Cara, my sister-in-law, bought me a slap watch. You might know what a slap band is--a straight piece of metal, covered in some material that is straight until you slap it on your wrist at which point it wraps around your wrist. Well, recently slap watches have come out. I hadn't seen them anywhere until she gave me my beautiful green one. I LOVE my watch!Mark has never successfully owned a watch (they always break), and knowing that he would need one for Interlochen (he always asks ME the time), I reluctantly gave him my green slap watch. He LOVED it too! It didn't break, he could play with it ad nauseum, and best thing, he knew what time it was. When I asked Cara where she had gotten it, she told me some fancy boutique, but she had recently heard that they were being sold at Office Depot for much cheaper.
Load up Bumble 'cause the Kennedys are headed to Office Depot!
We bought nine watches. I figured I could use them for Christmas gifts and birthday gifts and whatever gifts. Little did I know that campers had been asking for kids about the watches and that my kids had been promising to get watches for the campers! Glo sold them at face value ($9.99) which means I took a hit between tax and gas to Office Depot (it's a 30 minute trip one way in a giant SUV). Mark, however, sold them at a mark up (no pun intended!) Kids are even breaking into watches they don't want to switch out different color faces. It's been crazy.
Awesome, we are up on the latest thing, how cool!! Of course Mama aris recognized the trend and the kids are in the swing of things.
ReplyDeleteHow cool! I love the orange one and the kid's entrepreneurial spriit. Is Glo going to be be charging more this time around?
ReplyDelete