This was posted on The Kennedy Family blog on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2009
Please join me in congratulating old man John on making it through another year! I used to get sick of always being "John's brother" when I was little. You know, like "John got his Eagle when he was 14", or "John at least does something besides watch TV" or "Why can't you go get a job like your brother John?" I now officially declare that I would be pleased to be compared with John and expect to be found lacking. John's good example always helped to drive me to another level. It was usually upwards movement, except for a few special words John taught me when I was younger. Overall though, John has been a great brother and I am pleased to wish him a happy b-day yet again.
Mike
Mike
maryp said...
ReplyDeleteHappy Bday John! Hope it was fun!
teamk said...
Happy Birthday! Jake has told me that if wasn't for you he wouldn't have learned some life lessons as early as he did if you hadn't set the path right. We hope you have a great new year. You are a good oldest brother.
Larisa said...
John finished another AF marathon today. Awesome!
This is Nate. Happy B-Day John!! Congrats on finishing another marathon too. You are an example to us all. Thanks for being who you are.
Linz said...
Happy Birthday John! I think it's safe to say that you set a precedent of high standards for the rest of your family, and continue to do so for all of us!
My fave memory of you was having your wisdom and support before the 2004 AF marathon. I'll never forget you saying, "The faster you go, the faster you're done." Those words were with me the entire time. My other fave quote is one you said to Nate, "It's either this (pointing to stomach) or running in the rain!" Very memorable. Thanks also for answering so many health questions for me throughout pregnancies. It means a lot. You are so generous with your time and talents.
The Kennedys said...
Happy B-Day John, you deserve all of these good words and more! We're all lucky to be related to the real hero "John Kennedy".
Bud
John Kennedy said...
Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes. I love you all and I appreciate the thoughts for the marathon completion too!
Beth said...
ReplyDeleteWay to go John!! I hope you had a great birhday. You are a great older brother.
My favorite memory of you is when I was staying with you guys in Germany and we went to the house blessing of one of your co-workers. Part of the ceremony was that they had to cook some food in the house to make it a "home" or something like that. The gas was not on in the house so they were trying to build a fire on the cement floor, to little success. We were all standing around in the cold house which was slowly filling up with smoke and then you came to the rescue. You got down and within minutes there was a raging fire and the water was beginning to boil for the rice. You were wearing green pants and a green plaid shirt and your friend called you "the green dragon" because when you breathed air on the fire it started to pick up. Your scout skills came in handy that day and it was cool to see you be the hero of your friend's event.
You are great and an amazing example to all of us. Thanks for all you do!
September 21, 2009 9:19 AM