Tuesday, September 1, 2009

There's a storm coming...


So, I don't know how it was for the rest of my family that went to college, but for me, the people on my floor have had a significant impact on me. Specifically, my best friends are Dan, a seriously ripped Asian who we call Panda Bear, because he's this great guy who's really in shape, and Bobby, my roommate. We're the Three Musketeers, and as often as possible , we do stuff together. All through FSE (Freshman Service Experience) we worked together doing the heavy lifting, and then we all auditioned for choir together. While it's gotten a lot harder for us to hang out, we still do our best to be together whenever we can.

Onto the real story, which has to do with Bobby and myself, and two girls named Megan and Christine. We're essentially a clique on the floor, because of the way we are ALWAYS together. But lately, there's been a war going on. One day, I was walking down the hall to do something, I don't remember what, and noticed that Megan's door was wide open. I peeked my head into see if anyone was there, and didn't see her nor her two other roommates. My mischievous mind went to work. I ran to my room, enlisted Bobby's help, and together, we moved three chairs, a poofy chair, a teapot, a hairbrush, and a hanger of bags out in front of the elevator. Not only that, but we put price tags on the things, such as "Not worth your trouble" and "2 dollars (only payable in two-dollar bills)" When Megan got back, she was upset, but did admit that it was funny. So Bobby and I continued to be the kings of the floor, following up this success by stealing a couch off of the fourth floor and moving it into our lounge. Needless to say, they weren't happy about it, but hey, we took it back.

Our reign ended yesterday when we came back from our Ultimate Frisbee practice. Before we left, I figured that we should probably lock our door to prevent pranks. However, I thought that Josh, our third roommate, would take care of us, and I left with the door open. So we got back to find Megan and Christine in the process of removing our mattresses from the beds and hiding them. They had already moved mine, but thankfully we caught them before they completed the dirty deed. We stopped them, and went to bed feeling good that they still hadn't pulled one over on us. Then, today, as we unsuspectingly left for Understanding Music, they struck again! Not satisfied with their performance yesterday, they not only took our mattresses and hid them in other rooms, but they remade the beds so that it looked like our mattresses were still there! So now it's on. They've incurred our wrath, and they had better know that the storm's a' coming...

2 comments:

  1. that sounds totally cool, cheese, I am so glad you are having fun with good friends. Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. We shall see who wins the prank war.

    ReplyDelete