Wednesday, September 23, 2009

marathon assistance



Well, as my family knows I am crazy when it comes to running. So, I was verrry disappointed in my run on Saturday. I know I should be grateful for the ability to run any time in the marathon, but for those of you who do not know, I was doing the runner's world marathon training plan for the past 10 weeks and I followed a strict plan of long, speed and marathon training runs with the expectation of being able to do the 3:20 I needed to qualify for the boston marathon. Anyway, I have been thinking about it and I decided to send an e mail to runners world, and bart yasso specifically who came up with the plan to ask any advice. I was very unsure if he would respond but I figured I would try, you guys know me, if nothing else I am persistent.

So the other day, I sent an e mail to the runner's world general mailbox asking them to send it to bart yasso explaining my dilema. And believe it or not I got an e mail from him today and he seems interested in helping me make it to Boston. I have to admit I am touched. So I wanted to put a picture of him and to tell this story and I will let you know what happens.

Papa John

1 comment:

  1. You know, your post really does nothing to portray the happiness you felt (and the smile that was on your face) when you ran into the family room to ask, "Guess who just emailed me???!!!". I didn't even have a chance to guess before you blurted out, "Bart Yasso!!" Totally awesome, honey!! I think you should run the Richmond marathon with Bart, if for no other reason than to run with Bart. :-)

    ReplyDelete