Well, we're home in PA again after a 5 day trip to Orlando. Thank goodness the weather was nice when we got home, nice in that it was only about 50 degrees in the sun, rather than 30 degrees and cloudy and rainy when we left. I heard it rained and was freezing for Halloween night last night which as you know is one of my favorite days of the year. The weather...she was a crap!...
It was a great trip!! Mommy was happy and felt warm which is important to her and I am happy when she is happy. She had to work on a cookbook for an organization back home, with a bad internet connection but except for that she was relaxed. Mark and Johannah and Glo got to swim and go to amusement parks and Mommy and I did too! What fun!! What did I enjoy most about the trip? Honestly, my family being happy and relaxed was the best thing about the trip. Something that was fun was I started to speak in an Italian accent from the first day we were there for some reason, and it made Mommy and the kids crack up. It was also good for me because it is hard to get irritated with anything when one is talking in a fake Italian accent. Anytime I did not like something I would just say, thas' a crap, or wha' the crap, or this ... is a crap... and while in a text version it looks bad, it was fun and funny. Mommy and the kids could not keep from laughing and that made me happy. I also love the Haunted Mansion in Disney and I also liked the Everest ride in Animal Kingdom with the Yeti attacking. I missed Tower of Terror and the Twilight Zone but you can't do it all in 5 days.
Mommy and I went to the temple on Saturday morning, and that was great too!! I felt the spirit and had some good impressions while I was there. One had to do with the blessing that it is to have servants of god, who will come and give us messages even if they are not always with us, they may not be available all the time but they will be back. A second impression had to do with covenants, how we need to keep the covenants we make in the temple, because if we do not, we are in the adversary's power, which is really scary!! A third thing is that at a certain point, it is important for us to get the Lord's help in the temple ceremony and without it we cannot get into the celestial kingdom and it really hit me at that moment how we cannot get back to Heavenly Father without the Lord, Jesus Christ's help. I also felt the need to take care of things myself in my calling. Pres Price my stake president has a lot of weight on him and it is not the only thing he has to do and I need to take care of things myself without being asked or even seen to be doing certain things in my calling. Something else that comforted me was that John the Beloved was the second counselor in Peter's presidency and Jesus really loved him.
While in Orlando I had to do a 13 mile run for my marathon training, the Marathon is in two weeks. While I got it done and that was good, it was discouraging how sore my achilles tendons get after running. It is also discouraging how slow I run with my goal being a fast 3:20 marathon.
This is my first post on the blog, it is not great but it does have some of my thoughts and I just want everyone to know, I sure love my family"...they a real, real good"
I'a love'a your'a post'a, Papa! It'a makes'a me'a smile every'a'time I'a r-r-r-ead'a it :-)
ReplyDelete