Friday, November 27, 2009

It's a Miracle!

Today, we left in the early morning hours to find the perfect Christmas tree. Our Daddy likes the thrill of the hunt. Will there be a better tree around the corner? What's down the next row? Knowing this, I threw vanity aside and wore sturdy shoes that could handle the mud and terrain. This is normally a 2-3 hour process which leaves us exhausted and not wanting to do anything afterwards. Today, however, a miracle happened! John found the tree within 10 minutes of looking. Glory be! Look how happy we actually look AFTER the experience. We looked even happier eating breakfast at Burger King afterwards :-)

5 comments:

  1. And may I just say we are a darn SEXY looking group of kids? I mean, come on, look at us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEXY? I think that's a term you might use at college, but about your siblings? Let's see--cute? adorable? good-looking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had good luck getting our tree quickly, too. We go up in the mountains and cut one down so it ususally takes quite a long time. This year I found the perfect tree quickly, much to everyone's delight. Unfortunately it is the kind we are not supposed to cut down, but we did not know that until after we cut it down and then it was too late.
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Doesn't that figure? The PERFECT tree is forbidden while all the junky trees are free for the taking! I'll never forget that one story with the tree search, the van getting stuck and the snow. What adventures you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute kids, not sexy, and the tree makes for a beautiful sight in the living room.

    ReplyDelete