Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh my gosh, it's here!


Woot! After waiting FIVE LONG MONTHS, the Volvo finally arrived. I know John could write paragraphs about all the headaches we went through to get it straight from Sweden, but as he kept reminding himself, "it's totally worth $10,000" (meaning all the money we saved by doing so).

For anybody that knows me, you know that I am NOT a fancy person at all. People who don't know me think I am, but just hang around long enough at the end of the day and my favorite Tazmanian devil pajama t-shirt comes out. Not fancy at all. John has bought everything fancy or expensive that we have--cars, furniture, musical instruments. I like shopping at Old Navy clearance myself. Anyway, this vehicle is WAY over the top for me, and I feel a bit conspicuous driving it around, but honestly, I just love it.

It's a Volvo XC 60 in my custom-ordered color of lime grass green. Now let me tell you--you make one snide comment about the color, and I will TAKE YOU OUT! I have already heard about it from the man who helped us place the order, as well as the dealership here in State College where it was delivered. Even John questioned my choice in the beginning. I chose the color, I love the color. Even John admits now that it's pretty cool.

It's loaded to the gills with awesome things, some of which I haven't even discovered yet. So far, Glo turns on the heated seats as soon as she sits in the car, so those must be a favorite of hers, although I'm sure as soon as we get the dual DVD players going, the heated seats will be soon forgotten. Unless of course she watches movies WHILE sitting in the heated seats.

It drives like a dream. No more noisy Toyotas for me! Too, I just figured out today how to hook phones into the Bluetooth. No more trying to drive with the phone jammed between my ear and shoulder. Awesome! When we were testing the system, I think John turned a little bit lime-grass-green with envy...

One of the best parts about it today? It's big enough to hide the huge pile of mulch behind it in the photo.

Gotta go! Don't know where, but I'm sure I'll figure it out once I start driving!

8 comments:

  1. I love the color! Very unique and it does look fancy. Love your haircut and outfit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to get picked up in it! And maybe, just maybe, I'll get to do a little bit of driving as well...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I thought of you when I got my haircut! I'm usually so casual about my hair that I let my hairdresser do "whatever" with it and I'm happy, but last time, I couldn't stand it. When I saw how it actually looked in the photos from the temple, I headed back to her the next day and felt much better afterwards. It reminded me of your post when you were horrified by your haircut :-) Thanks for the compliments--a girl can never get too many of those!

    Cheeser, considering that I considered SLEEPING in my new car last night, don't bet on it. However, there's no way I'm driving 30 hours solo to Utah, and there's no way that I'm letting Phat-Boy get his hands on the steering wheel, so you'll have your moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! And I guess that's not the date car either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the color. Have fun driving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting! I love the color. Sweet. You look like you will fit in nicely with a fancy car! As far as dating goes, Ethan, we have a nice 12 passenger van you are welcome to use! Rachel is sure it is a real turn on. I know because she always pretends it is not her van when I pick her up in it. You know, the old duck so no one sees what car you get into/out of trick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I totally understand that kind of situation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mommy Aris, no one knows how fine you look when you wear your Tazmanian Devil shirt that is literally older than our marriage, what a statement. I am glad you like the new car, it suits you very well. We love you!

    ReplyDelete