We then began attending Penn Skates more often, playing tag and baseball in the basement more often, gaining more prowess and skill, and now we just tear through that place like mad-kids (: As for me, I can now skate backwards and do dance moves to the songs at Penn Skates. Also, a new development that has really changed how I skate is that I use rollerskates now instead of rollerblades. I tried the rollerskates at Penn Skates that they loan to you, and they were really bad. They were pure fabric and gave my foot no support. Course, then Mommy and Daddy got me really nice ones for Christmas (actually they're the ones in the picture) and I love them! They give my feet so much more support and they go a lot faster! (: It's awesome!!! I love rollerskating! It's like the hidden talent that I probably will never need, but it's cool to have. Like my yoyo skills, but that's another post (: (:
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Rollerskating at Penn Skates
Over the years, I have always liked roller skating and roller blading. Mind you, I cannot ice skate, cause although they look the same, they are completely different. It's always sort of been my fun thing to do, like the hidden talent no one really knows about. I remember the first rink I ever went to was in Dayton; it had wood floors on the main rink, and off to the side was a tiny space for all the little kids to skate. I remember the first time I went to that rink with Daddy and the family (Daddy loves to rollerblade also) I could not skate worth my life, even in that tiny room for all the little kids. I felt so humiliated. I blamed my inability to skate on the roller SKATES I had on at the time (for the record, roller skates are totally different than roller blades; roller skates have 4 wheels that are in a box-formation and roller blades have wheels all in a line) and until 6 months ago, refused to wear or try to skate with roller skates. I avoided them at all costs. So when we got here to State College, we occasionally attended the roller skating rink right next to the State College Airport. We didn't go often, and I really wasn't that good, but it was fun, and that's really all that mattered. Course, that all changed when Johannah pulled out the old skates Daddy had used years ago and started just rolling back and forth on the smooth pavement in our unfinished basement. I hadn't skated in the longest time, and I was very rusty at skating of any kind then. Course, I choose that fateful moment to come down and see what she's doing. As soon as I saw those skates and Hannah wearing them, something happened. It's like in the movies when the main character has had amnesia and can't remember anything, and then upon seeing his true love or some special object that means something to him, he has a super fast flashback in his mind about what he had forgotten and explodes with joy. Except I didn't explode but rather joined Hannah. At first, we would just roll around really slowly; I hadn't rollerbladed in years, and wasn't good at all. Course, as with practicing my horn, consistency creates improvement. We started getting faster, and soon Glo wanted to join in, and soon we were having 20 mile per hour games of tag down in our basement on rollerblades(: And it all kind of developed from there.
We then began attending Penn Skates more often, playing tag and baseball in the basement more often, gaining more prowess and skill, and now we just tear through that place like mad-kids (: As for me, I can now skate backwards and do dance moves to the songs at Penn Skates. Also, a new development that has really changed how I skate is that I use rollerskates now instead of rollerblades. I tried the rollerskates at Penn Skates that they loan to you, and they were really bad. They were pure fabric and gave my foot no support. Course, then Mommy and Daddy got me really nice ones for Christmas (actually they're the ones in the picture) and I love them! They give my feet so much more support and they go a lot faster! (: It's awesome!!! I love rollerskating! It's like the hidden talent that I probably will never need, but it's cool to have. Like my yoyo skills, but that's another post (: (:
We then began attending Penn Skates more often, playing tag and baseball in the basement more often, gaining more prowess and skill, and now we just tear through that place like mad-kids (: As for me, I can now skate backwards and do dance moves to the songs at Penn Skates. Also, a new development that has really changed how I skate is that I use rollerskates now instead of rollerblades. I tried the rollerskates at Penn Skates that they loan to you, and they were really bad. They were pure fabric and gave my foot no support. Course, then Mommy and Daddy got me really nice ones for Christmas (actually they're the ones in the picture) and I love them! They give my feet so much more support and they go a lot faster! (: It's awesome!!! I love rollerskating! It's like the hidden talent that I probably will never need, but it's cool to have. Like my yoyo skills, but that's another post (: (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Markie-Boy, your post doesn't do your sweet skill justice. You have MAD roller-skating skills (you know, like computer hacking skills, numchuk skills....). It's one thing to skate like you do on a smooth rink with your sweet high-performance skates, but tonight, to see you doing the same tricks on the street with Daddy's old rollerblades? Amazing! Seriously, I must come videotape you next time!
ReplyDelete