
So this entire summer, I have totally been interested in the art and skill of yo-yoing, in which a small, round, pair of connected disks spin on a string, and the wielder uses this to mutate the string to form shapes and designs. I took up this unusual hobby right before Interlochen began, with a small, black "High Performance"(yeah right) yo-yo that cost me 10.95 at the local toy store(the purchase was a total TRAP! That yo-yo was horrible) Thinking nothing of it, and knowing only the easiest of tricks(the Sleeper only), I brought it with me to Interlochen, in the hopes of figuring out maybe one other trick.
About a week in, I pull out the yo-yo during free time in my cabin. I begin making the yoyo sleep, and just messing around. Low and behold, one of my cabin
mates walks in, and instantly notices that I am yoyoing. He begins to ask about it, and thinking I will be ridiculed, I laugh it off and hastily stow the yo-yo back in its place, out of sight. That night, that same cabin mate tells everyone in the cabin about it(at that moment, I was kissing my social life at Interlochen good-bye) Interestingly enough, one of the cabin mates(his name was Jeremy, and later on, he started being a real stupid head to everybody) started talking about how he used to have an obsession with yo-yos as well, and asked to see the one I had brought. I brought it out, and although it was a bad yo-yo, he started doing things with it. As the weeks went by, Harrison, another person in the cabin, randomly got a yo-yo in the mail as well, and slowly, the number of yoyo's in the cabin grew, till by the end, I had three yoyo's, thanks to Mommy, and Harrison had 3. By the end of camp, I had advanced slightly, and certainly improved immensely on the basic mounts needed for more difficult tricks.
When I returned home, yo-yos became an obsession. I wouldn't go anywhere without my yo-yo, since it was interesting and fun to do when there was nothing else to do. After a while, I bought a slightly better yo-yo, along with new strings, which is a huge problem with yo-yo's because the string breaks all the time. But my hunger for the better yo-yo raged within, for the ultimate tool with which I could improve my skills, and with which I could truly become a yo-yo master. The particular yo-yo I hungered for was the one shown above, the Dark Magic. It was the most approved yo-yo on the yo-yo shop website, and was built for long and stable spins, which is needed for any of the more advanced string tricks. By the way, the factors affecting a spin, are the weight and its distribution, size of the string gap(space between the individual disks) and the bearing(what connects the disks) After a while, and after the mastery of nearly every mount needed for more difficult
What can I say, Markie-Boy? We expect great things of you and your new yo-yo?
ReplyDeleteYoung Yoyo Paduan, as you become one with the force of the yoyo you will tap into the yource, the power that binds all things to a string. As you learn to master the yource, your yoyo abilities will increase till you can shoot lightning bolts from your fingers...wait that is another power. Anyway, Markio, may the yource be with you...da da da da daaa, da da da daaa daaa, da da da daaaa daaaa, da da da da
ReplyDeleteCome on, Daddy, it's spelled Padawan. Haha I like your post though, very creative.
ReplyDelete