Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Daddy at work

It is sometimes hard being the Dad of the family because while I am in the family and do my part, no one really sees me in action most of the time and I kind of do it on my own. Considering my job that is probably a good thing but it is still a little rough because while the rest of the family grows and stays close doing their everyday things, I feel like sometimes I grow more apart from them. When I get home we are often hungry and tired so we have dinner, I say hello to the kids and ask them how it is going and they occasionally have something interesting to tell me but often it has been a ho hum day and they do not have much to say. Then after dinner they usually have homework and practicing and then they often go to bed because they are so busy with their stuff.

With Mommy and the kids there is always close interaction between the family members because Mommy takes the kids around, makes sure they are all doing their things and she arranges it all and that is awesome for them to do all this stuff together.

I just hope that while I am away from my family a lot they know I sure love them. They mean the world to me. I am sorry that often, when I am around, I am stressed and crabby and I feel sad that this is the way it is, but I just want everyone to know you guys are the best and I love you.

Just to let you guys know what I did today, I saw patients with different issues in the office in the morning, I delivered a baby this afternoon and did an x-ray procedure called an HSG and now I am seeing more patients in the pregnancy care center across from the hospital. Then at 5:15 I have a calling I have to make. One of the best things about being on call is that tomorrow I am off and at least on that one day I am free to spend time with Mommy and the kids.

I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. No worries, Daddy! We love you too and we thank Heavenly Father every day that you are such a good provider in so many ways for us.

    ReplyDelete