Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let the Festivities continue...

Okay, okay. I know that my posts, of late, have been rather self-serving and selfaggrandizing. However, I couldn't have imagined turning 40 any other way, and I want to share all of the wonderful times I've had and things I've received.

Two photos:

First one is of me, in my new College-Conservatory of Music t-shirt (Glo took it with my fancy camera and did a pretty good job!).

This was sent to me by Jilli (Ethan's highschool girlfriend) who attends the University of Cincinnati. She's studying set design, a perfect field for her. Despite the fact that the two of them don't see much of each other anymore, she and I have stayed friends. She's a kindred spirit, and an amazing human being. I just adore her and send her more care packages than I send to Ethan :-) She knows me so well that she bought the right kind of t-shirt for me in the right size. Yeah!

Second, more Mama-Jama gifts! Woot!

Thanks, Sarah, for the German treats with a showing of Hostess cupcakes. Too, Sarah is about the most amazing cook I know, creating delicious food that even her very picky husband will eat. Besides sending me the food, she sent me a recipe for Bratkartoffeln. Oh man, the pressure is on to make it as good as at the Trier Weihnachtsmarkt. Viel Glueck fuer mich und vielen Dank, Sarah!

Ethan is coming home for spring break this weekend. I can hardly wait. Even though it's not a birthday gift, per say, it's one of the best things that could happen. We have activities planned and downtime planned. Mostly, it will just be nice to have someone to go with me to the grocery store....

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you got our box. The little ones and I will be trying to fly to BWI on Thursday or Friday and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can get on a flight so we can come see Ethan next week. Will that still be alright? I was thinking maybe Tuesday through Thursday so let me know if that would work for your family. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Should I count this as a part of birthday season too? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad you had such a nice birthday! That is a big milestone so it should be good!

    ReplyDelete