Friday, March 19, 2010

The thing about family

I just got back to college a week ago from spring break, and transitioning back into college hasn't been as easy as I had previously supposed, I've had a ton of work, a concert with rehearsals that go along with that, and getting ready for my mission. Add to that the stress that comes with a bunch of teenagers being around one another, and it hasn't been the best week.

However, in many ways it has made me appreciate the fact that I can always go home and feel loved. It stunk that Mark went to Regionals (although I'm not complaining that he made it to States!) because I didn't get to see him as much as I wanted to. Also, I don't know how many people know this, but I call my mom at least every other day, and we often talk for over an hour. They are my closest friends, and regardless of what happens with friends and everything, I know that I can go home and I will be loved there.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, Cheese, I miss you like crazy! Although it was nice to be home over spring break, I don't think I'm doing that again. I like going away and having amazing experiences as a family (think two posts down). The "valleys" of life seem to have hit us all at the same time. I just try and keep it all in perspective. We have so many blessings, and honestly, things could be a lot worse. Keep your chin up, and sing your heart out. We will be with you at your concert in sprit.

    ReplyDelete