With the trials being so heavy lately, I'm doing my best to keep my head above water. The best thing I can think of doing is finding the bright side of the days:
1. Mark made it to States again. This morning it was announced that he's first chair, first horn. That makes two years in a row (out of a possible two years) that he's made it to States in both chorus and band. WOOT!
2. Phase 2 of my diet began today. I let out an audible "WOOT" when I opened the refrigerator at the diet study kitchen and saw raisin bran and orange juice. My days of croissants and butter for breakfast with a large glass of apple juice are oveh!
3. The redbud trees are in bloom on campus. They're my favorite trees in the world--beautiful purple buds in the spring. When I came home, I perused our front garden and the bulbs are already making their way out from the dead of winter.
4. Johannah got first chair viola at Tri-County orchestra! Three counties, multiple schools, but only one first chair viola, BABY!
That's pretty funny about Gloria scoring points! You guys are so funny.
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Mark. Ashley made it to state for solo ensemble so we're excited about that.
Have you guys started your garden?
Good luck with the diet!
I love Spring! Doesn't it seem like just when you can't survive one more day of dreary winter that suddenly the world comes alive?
ReplyDelete