Monday, July 12, 2010

Festival of Races


On our last day at Interlochen, John ran in the annual Meijer Festival of Races in Traverse City. There are 2 courses: one 5K, and one 15K. I know that you all know which one John chose :-)

John did really well, finishing in 71 minutes which is a 7:40 mile. The crazy part? I have never seen so many wet, glistening bodies at the end of a race! If you can click on the photo of John's face, you'll see a bit of what I mean, except of course that most people had on far less clothing than he did! He could literally wring out his clothing--shirt, shorts, even socks, and had to put his shoes in the sun to dry for a day.


My favorite part of the race when I ran it a few years back? They serve cups full of cherries at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment