Today was the day of my surgery. I must tell you--this being my fourth surgery in four years, I was NOT looking forward to this. In fact, normally my blood pressure is 90/70. Today? 148/78. Yeah, I was a bit stressed. However, once any nurse or doctor walked in, I didn't let it show, being the daughter and wife of physicians (my whole life I've heard about those crazy/crabby/weird patients, and I never want to be labeled one).

My leg looked a lot better today than it did on Wednesday. No golf-ball-sized lump on the side, no crazy twists to the ankle, but man, it
still hurt terribly.


The surgery was only supposed to take an hour, but it took closer to 2 1/2 hours. I guess it wasn't the "garden variety" ankle break that I had been told it was. A lot of pins and a large plate. Enjoy!

Ugh. Sorry Larisa. We are glad it went well and will keep praying that you heal quickly. Make sure you let your family spoil you in the meantime! :)
ReplyDeleteOuch! I'm not sure how you've been smiling for the pictures; I think I would have been crying from when it broke until the surgery. You are my hero!
ReplyDeleteSarah, I'm no hero, believe me! I'm crying now, just reading your comment that you would have been crying. My orthopod did the whole tough love thing on me, and I've been trying to be strong. However, there are a lot of "why me's?" right now, especially since it's 2 a.m., I can't sleep because of the pain, and I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself. I keep trying to tell myself that this won't last forever.
ReplyDelete