Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Birthday Season

So yesterday I got to see my family for like six hours, which was awesome. They came down for my birthday, and we had a really good time just spending time together. We went to the optometrist and got my brand-new glasses fit (they also brought me new contacts, since the pair I had been wearing were a month and a half old. They felt all gross and flimsy, and it made me so excited to put new ones in this morning). After that, Mark and I got haircuts, and it totally felt like old times. On a side note, my friends have been telling me all day that it was scary how much Mark and I looked alike. Dan, my Asian friend, kept talking about how when Mark talked, it was like looking into the past. Anyways, we then got to go to dinner at Cracker Barrel, which was of course delicious, being one of our favorite restaurants. I got the chicken fried chicken, with mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and carrots. While we were there, my family gave me their gifts. I was so happy when I opened Glo's gift and saw four Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I love Reese's! I also got Reindeer food from my mother, and mulah from my dad. When I got to Hannah's and Mark's gift, I really had no idea what it was. I was thinking like a video game or something. I found two small boxes inside, and opened them to find two watches. One had a leather band with a black square face, which I found to be extremely sophisticated. The other was metal with a round blue face. Upon further inspection, I discovered that there were little gears and screws floating in the blue water of the face, as well as an air bubble that moved around. I loved it. I got to pick one, and honestly it wasn't a hard decision. The metal watch was so unique I had to go with it. Thank you so much familie, for making it a wonderful birthday to spend with you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! What about the coat? No mention of the coat? That's it--take it back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I just love my watch so much! But it is the most gangster coat ever, and so much fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete