Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Return to the Forbidden Planet


Woot! Great news! Johannah auditioned for the musical at her middle school, and just last night, after auditions and callbacks, she found out that she got a lead role.

I must admit that I had never heard of this musical, but judging from what I've read, it sounds like a winner. The story is based on "The Tempest" by Shakespeare but set in outer space. Most of the music is from the 60's: Great Balls of Fire, Good Vibrations, All Shook Up, Who's Sorry Now, and tons of other good songs.

From what Johannah could tell me, she was quite the star, especially with all of her dance experience. Singing, naturally, wasn't a problem for her. She worked hard on her acting for the audition, and it obviously paid off.

The show is April 29, 30 and May 1. Naturally, Mark is scheduled for adjudication and Ethan has finals. However, "this is what we do, BABY!"--somehow we'll work it all out :-)

Congratulations, Johannah!

7 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!! I'm so happy for Hannah, I'm sure she'll do great. What's her role going to be like? Hey, who changed my fish, I can't see the white ones anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed all the fish, trying to achieve your American colors. Unfortunately, red looks orange. The white fish are no more. Naturally, you're welcome to change it.

    She's the mother, Gloria, if you are familiar with "The Tempest". She actually has two solo songs and several ensemble ones. It's a LOT of talking in Shakespeare style. Good luck with that, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Johannah! I know she will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Sarah, we came for The Sound of Music. I think I should pull the friend card and insist that you come for this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your support you guys. I'm really excited for my part. She's supposed to be really serious which I can definitely do. You should really come to see the show. I think its going to be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Johannah, you know what I think, that you are the science officer on a starship is the coolest. You are supposed to be serious...of course like all of your awesome predecessors: Spock, Data, Tuvok some of my favorite people of all time on TV. If you need inspiration just watch a few episodes of Star Trek and you will have it down. Plus, I love science, you are such a great daughter!!

    ReplyDelete