For any of you who haven't heard, I'm just about fed up with this winter season. There has been too much snow for my liking (winter squalls and white-outs expected today) AND I've been holed up in my house for the last month, suffering with and recovering from pneumonia. Combine the two, and I haven't been getting out much, at least by my standards, although people are still saying that I'm never home and completely unreachable.
Being in this situation, I have had a lot of extra time that I don't normally have which has led me to think A LOT about my plans over the next few months. Although I searched for trips to Costa Rica, Arizona and Mexico for spring break, it turns out that our kids don't have a spring break this year so that plan was out. Afterall, I have already taken them out of school for two weeks for our trip to Germany, and I don't think the school would look favorably on me taking them out more. Besides, Mark is six feet deep in PMEA competitions and Johannah has daily musical rehearsals until the beginning of May. However, once PMEA is finished and May is here, all bets are off!
Hopefully in May, we'll be taking Ethan to the MTC. Why do I think that? Well, mission papers can't be submitted until 100 days before the missionary's first available date. For Ethan, that date is May 11 which means the papers can be submitted next Monday, February 1. Sadly, our stake president is going in for surgery that day. Knowing this, he called church headquarters yesterday and asked if he could submit Ethan's papers early. Yep, they're all turned in and we should know where he's going within the next TWO WEEKS!! Crazy, huh? So, John and I are planning on flying out with Ethan. Maybe we'll even have some time to see some old friends while there.
The second week of June, the kids and I will be driving (our new Volvo) back out to Utah to take Mark to the BYU Summer Music Festival, a week-long program for high school kids. I spoke with the conductor of the chamber orchestra a couple of years ago when he was here and he suggested that Mark attend the program. It's a great chance to get "in" with the actual music professors. Plus, it will be a great warm-up for him for Interlochen. I can't wait to get unadulterated time in the genealogy library in Salt Lake. I can't imagine not having to order microfilms! Woot!
On the drive home, we'll do some sightseeing, one of my favorite things to do (besides taking road trips!). We'll be home in time to leave for Interlochen.
Did I mention we're spending most of the summer at Interlochen?
Seriously, I can hardly wait. Thankfully, Mark feels the same way I do so we do a lot of talking about Interlochen :-)
For the first two week session, John will be the physician for the camp. During this time, Glo will be a day camper. I can't wait to ride our bikes all over, swim in the lake, listen to fantastic faculty concerts, eat lots of cherries and just all-over relax. Hopefully, John remembers what "swimmer's itch" is and can diagnose it correctly on himself this year :-)
During this time, Johannah has decided that she will stay home again, watch the dogs and attend Girls Camp (only because they have horseback riding this year). Honestly, she's cheaper than the dog nanny and she does a great job. You go girl!
Then, I'll have to take Johannah back for the second three week session. Although she'll miss the fun of the opening ceremonies and waving her red socks, the second session is a bit smaller and less busy. She's been making such fabulous progress on the viola, I think she's going to be surprised at how good she really is (and that's by Interlochen standards!) Already I'm looking for cabins for closing weekend because they fill up fast. I can hardly wait!
I know that travel logs are bad enough to hear, but reading through a future travel log is crazy. Reading through this, it doesn't sound like much, but I figured out that I will probably miss SEVEN Sundays in our ward. Should they just release me from all of my callings now?
Meanwhile, I'll just be waiting for summer...
No comments:
Post a Comment