Everyday, twice a day, for the last 14 days, John has been plowing our driveway. This year, we have received a ridiculous amount of snow. About once a week, we have gotten dumped on--feet of snow in 24 hours. Then, on the in-between days, about an inch has fallen per day. I'm over the trauma of it all now--I just sit in my house, waiting patiently for Spring.
John has been the main person to deal with all of the snow on our property. Because it has also been so cold, the snow is extremely powdery. Add the high winds that we have had, and our driveway becomes drifted over within hours. John has gotten into a routine where he wakes up an hour early, plows our 1/4 mile long driveway and then leaves for work. By the time he comes home, he can't drive his car up the driveway. He walks up, gets on the tractor and plows again. It feels to us like he's been on some crazy work schedule, because he essentially leaves the house really early and then comes home really late, spending hours on that tractor a day. When I get feeling bad about him being out there (feeling a little bit bad for us, but mostly feeling bad for him), I remind myself to be grateful that we bought the tractor this last summer.
Finally, last Friday, the temperature got up into the mid-30's and the top layer of snow melted! Woot! John hasn't been on the tractor since then, thank goodness.
Wow, I can't believe how much snow you have been getting and I am glad you have a tractor too! What else would you do?
ReplyDelete