Sunday, February 14, 2010

My mission call

Okay, so I retract my statement that I said in a comment to my mother. I need to post about this amazing experience. So as most of you know, I've been waiting for my mission call for about three weeks now. Ever since the beginning of this week, I have called/texted my mother at least three times a day asking if my mission call had arrived. Then came the largest snow storm in recent history (for DC at least), and all of the mail got stuck for a good three or four days. Talk about frustrating. Then, thursday night, I was sitting in my room, and I get a call from one of my best friends of all time. We would hang out every weekend in Germany, and we've talked to each other at least once every couple months since we both left. Anyways, he called me to tell me that he had gotten his mission call to the New York City North Spanish-speaking mission. I cannot begin to describe how happy/jealous I was for him. Then I get on Facebook and find out that a really old friend of mine got his mission call on the same day, and HE was going to the Paris France mission. I thought they were SOOOO lucky, and it made me want my mission call even more. Finally, Friday afternoon, I got a text in class from my mother. "Guess what came in the mail today?" I was immediately thrilled, but I had to wait until I was done with class, they had driven down to DC, they went to the temple, and we all had dinner. Now, dinner was a little better, because I could actually SEE my letter. When we were done, we went into the library, found an empty room, and with Johannah and Glo on the other end of a Skype call, we opened the letter.
When I opened the letter and found out that I'm going to Warsaw Poland, I was so excited. I had wanted to go to an Eastern European country, and Poland was everything that I could have possibly wanted. Then, ever since I've been finding out about Poland, and how few members there are in Poland, I realized what a special mission this is going to be. The fact that Heavenly Father trusts me to go to Poland, where so much of the work needs to be done, was a very spiritual experience, and I can't wait to start my mission in the summer. I'm going to miss my family so much, but I know that the work that I will be performing is what I should be doing, and I have no doubt that I am supposed to be going to Poland.

2 comments:

  1. You will be such an amazing missionary in Poland Ethan and we cannot wait to hear about all the good you will do! We are all so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for the Cheese to go. I have a feeling that I think is borne of the Spirit that things will change in Poland for the church while Ethan is there such that it will grow greatly while he is there.

    ReplyDelete