Saturday, February 27, 2010

SNOW DAY!!

I am always hoping for a snow day. Kids at school will start talking about the weather. They will tell me that we are supposed to get six inches of snow, or something. When I come home, sometimes Mark will talk about the weather too. As it turns into night, the snow starts and the wind is really strong.

There are a couple of things that we sometimes do to make a snow day more possible. The kids in our family will put a spoon in the refrigerator (I learned that from Ethan). We also put on our pajamas inside-out when we go to bed.

When I get up in the morning, I look at the clock and see that it's about 7:00. Then, I go into Mark's room and see that he's still asleep, and then I know that it's a snow day because he's still home.

I like snow days because I get to play in the snow and play games with my family and have fun.

Last night, my dad was stuck in Altoona on call so we didn't have a car that could get up and down the driveway, and he wasn't here to plow it. Mark and Johannah had been invited to go to Penn Skates. So, Mommy had an idea that she could drive the tractor down the driveway with Hannah and Mark on it. I walked behind it. When they caught their ride, I got on the tractor and Mommy started plowing the driveway with me. She wasn't quite sure what she was doing because she had only used the tractor for mowing our yard before, but she figured it out really fast. We couldn't feel our fingers after a while because it was so cold and because the wind was blowing so hard, so Mommy sent me back home, but she stayed out and finished plowing.

My favorite thing to do in the snow is to sled and play with the dogs. Dash and Cherry like it when I make a snowball and throw it to them, but Dash usually intercepts the balls that I throw for Cherry. Sometimes I'll give Roxy a bone or stick and then she'll run around with it, and the other dogs will try and catch her.

Yesterday, Mark, Johannah and I took the dogs for a walk in the snow. We tried to make a snow cave, but we failed because we would dig too far in and the ceiling would collapse. It was fun though because Mark and Johannah came outside with me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Glo
    I loved your post, I think your snow day sounds really fun. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete