Monday, May 10, 2010

Dash, the handsome Mandog


Dash, our red bi male, is a lot like me. He has crazy energy; he loves to play, to run, to pull me on the rollerblades, to smile all the time, to bark and jump at people.

The family always has some good laughs over some of his little quirks, like the fact that he licks any hand or any other thing that he can reach with his tongue.

Like me, he loves to dance, like the salsa shaking his hips back and forth when he's praised or being given loves.

Like me, he is SO good-looking (haha, I know, I'm SO VAIN) and handsome.

And like me, he's kind of misunderstood; nobody really gets who he is cause he's kind of out there.

He's funny in a ridiculous way, has way too much energy, loves to be affectionate in special ways (he licks people while I use my cute high voice, especially with Mommy ), and yet everybody loves him cause he's so abnormal and funny. That must be why he's my favorite dog.

I've always liked Dash the most. It might be that I love how awkward he is. He jut loves to be given pets, but when you go up to him to pet him, he either
1. makes no eye contact,
2. lays down or sits on his side,
3. tries his hardest to lick your hand multiple times,
4. shakes his hips enthusiastically,
5. pees on the floor and sometimes himself, or
6. a combination of most of those.

Mommy can attest to that I am quite funny when being given love. I either purr when she scratches my back, use my high pitched voice, or give her a really big hug. Also, we're not very protective in terms of territoriality. Whenever a dog is walking on the path around the park right next to our house, our three other dogs will always bark their heads off and go up and down our lawn border, making sure the foreign dog does not in any way move into our land. Of course, bringing up the rear is always Dash. He's always kind of giving a half-hearted bark, or sitting down, or scratching at his collar. He never really worries too much over other dogs. I guess it's kind of cause he's got his ladies to do his bidding. He's like the boy lion of a pride of lions: the boy lion never hunts, they just sit at the den, and the females go hunting and bring him back food. Same here; he just sends his females out to guard, and he just kind of sits back.

I'm kind of like that in that I don't usually pick fights unless really annoyed or threatened; I prefer to sit back and let people fix their own fights, and usually I'm just watching. Or if I'm playing frisbee and a bunch of people go for the frisbee at one time while it's in the air and they all jump at once, I am usually that kid that stands and watches. The chances of me getting hurt in that play are high compared with the slim chance that I'll nab the frisbee before some other lucky sucker.

Yep, in most ways, Dash is a representation of me: funny, goofy, ridiculous, good looking, quirky yet soft and compassionate. I love Dash. He's my best bud.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect, Mark. That picture is definitely worth more than a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark,

    You are way cooler and less goofy than Dash the Man Dog. He is very loveable and cute like you, but you have it way more together than that pooch. I love you way more too than Dash Man Dog! Don't ever forget what a great guy you are!

    ReplyDelete